|Living Area||740 sqm|
|Lot Size||94 acres|
Garden, Park, Pool.
LIVE LIKE A LORD
Originally built for a noble family from Montmorillon, Château L’Hubértière is in the classical turreted style with a stone cantilevered staircase, many bedrooms & living rooms in the midst of a tranquil village. It was used as a hunting lodge with a vast yet elegant stable block + kennels. Four especially commissioned and now valuable Aubusson tapestries in the foyer tell the story.
Some 20 years ago €1m + was spent on the chateau – the stable block and chateau both have new roofs/Siemens wiring and new plumbing as well as double glazing throughout/Villeroy Boch porcelain vanities and Grohe tapware/2 kitchens + laundry room/2 Viessman boilers. Recent renovations include a new electronic gate system, new pool chlorinator + new hard pool cover, boiler maintenance.
A new owner will enjoy parklike gardens & a luxurious family home with staff accommodation or run a potentially high-income producing property whilst retaining the private apartment. The chateau is being sold as a private home not a business, but the potential has been proven.
▪ The courtyard foundation is a thick concrete slab beneath the pavers thus providing an extremely strong base for vehicle traffic
▪ Garage for two vehicles with a mechanic's pit + male pissoir + a powder room
▪ Magnificent stable block deal for a car collection or as a venue for weddings/events + large attics x 2 above
▪ All locks in both the chateau and the outbuildings open with one key
• Double glazed windows throughout including the stable block
• Most rooms have splendid and ornate Italian marble fireplaces
• External shutters on all rooms (bar the conservatory)
• Multiple oil-fired radiators throughout
• Private owners’ apartment
• Two kitchens and 9 bathrooms + 2 powder rooms
▪ The pool hardcover is solar power operated
▪ New pool privacy hedge planted
• A majestic ballroom has doors faced with beveled mirror + the early mirror above a magnificent red carved marble fireplace
▪ An al fresco dining area has electronic awnings + 3 stone slab benches
▪ A bore that feeds an electronically operated pop up irrigation system
▪ Rhododendron/camelia and azalea beds + mature Cedar of Lebanon, tilleul, horse chestnut, walnut and magnolia grandiflora many of which are illuminated from below
▪ Lavender bushes along the entire rear boundary wall
▪ A Romanesque folly in the form of a ruined arch sits above a water basin featuring up lights and waterfall
▪ The garden is extensively illuminated with antique style lamp posts
▪ Garden storeroom (could become a small shop for antiques) + carpentry workshop makes up the stable outbuildings
▪ Three early dog kennels are in an iron fenced area and ideal for raising chickens in safety
▪ The orchard has several mature fruit trees: cherry/fig/quince/plum/nashi pear and apple/massive bay trees + a large walnut tree
OWNERS' SELF CONTAINED RETREAT:
A second staircase leads to the owners' retreat of two spacious rooms + impressive en suite with both bath and shower + dressing room
GLASS CONSERVATORY: next to the pool this tiled space acts as a winter sunroom.
THE BUREAU: The oak paneling has been signed and dated by the master craftsman. There is a massive safe for the "family jewels" secreted behind the paneling.
MAIN KITCHEN is paved and has an impressive stone fireplace. It is furnished with Provencal style Miele cabinets + a Godin stove + new induction hob + Miele dishwasher + Miele microwave
SECOND BUTLER'S KITCHEN has a double sink, fitted Miele cabinets, dishwasher and wide AEG oven/grill with a pizza stone
BEDROOMS: 9 rooms in all - 2 single and 7 spacious doubles. Two have elaborate iron balustraded Juliette balconies.
BATHROOMS in the CHATEAU: There are four en suites. All fitted with Villeroy Boch basins and Grohe taps + custom made vanities also by Villeroy Boch. + 3 additional bathrooms
CLUB ROOM is next to the ballroom and is an ideal family or guest room
SCANDINAVIAN SAUNA CABIN: Family size in cedar with shower in adjoining bathroom and w.c. next door
WINE CELLAR is a massive stone vaulted area beneath the conservatory. Fully illuminated with new lights.
▪ Apple drying room + several garden storages sheds for the ride on mower etc.
▪ Upper level attic above the apple room. Accessed from internally by a timber staircase + an external iron ladder. This is also double glazed.
▪ Old stable block with massive reception room + multi car garage. All double glazed.
▪ Two room self-contained and double-glazed apartment above the garage (known as Groom’s Cottage Apartment)
▪ Wood storage sheds
▪ Concrete yard with two designated composting areas